A contractor for kitchen remodeling is one of the most frequently requested roles of custom home builders in South Florida. However, not all remodeling contractors are the same. If you are a savvy homeowner, you want nothing but the best.
Finding a Contractor for Remodeling
Luckily, we at CCM are happy to offer our 20+ years’ expertise and give you some guidelines. Here’s how to find the best contractor for kitchen remodeling in South Florida.
Nothing separates the good, the bad and the ugly more than credentials. For kitchen remodeling contractors, credentials means first and foremost their license. What is a license and what information does it convey?
- Experience – In order to get licensed by the Construction Industry Licensing Board, a South Florida contractor must have experience. Remodeling is a trade. Like other trades, nothing is more crucial than hands-on experience. A contractor for kitchen remodeling can have all the technical knowledge in the world…but unless he has been trained by a professional, all his formal education is irrelevant.
- Insurance – Licensing also requires that a contractor be insured, which also implies that his is financially responsible. This way, you (the customer) are indemnified against any property damage or bodily injury that occurs on the job.
- Accountability – Last but not least, a contractor for kitchen remodeling ought to be accountable. The Construction Industry Licensing Board does this by enforcing standards and recommending disciplinary actions against any violations of its code.
Any South Florida contractor worth his salt will have a license — but it may be up to you to ask for it. And just in case you were wondering, CCM’s license no is CG-C059921.
Reviews & Referrals
Licensing is good as far as it goes, but it doesn’t go far enough. An experienced, licensed and insured contractor can still provide bad customer service. For this reason, we recommend using reviews and referrals when seeking a South Florida contractor for kitchen remodeling. Ask your friends and family who they have had experience with. Also, utilize sites like Yelp and Angie’s List for their reviews. There are also sites specifically dedicated to remodeling, renovations and home additions. Houzz and Thumbtack are just two good examples, and you can check us out on both!
Iron Out the Details
After reviewing their references and credentials, you will have found the right contractor for kitchen remodeling. The only thing left to do is iron out all the details and fine print. Here are some matters to attend to:
- Review the contract and make sure it’s fair. Get a second, professional pair of eyes (e.g. from a lawyer) if you desire. This is your money, so you have every right to make sure everything is up to scratch.
- Make sure the contract includes:
- Price and payment schedule
- An outline/plan of the project, its scope duration, etc.
- Detailed and organized scheduling
- Go over and thoroughly scrutinize all legal matters such as dispute resolution, payments, lien and warranties. This is extremely important, so don’t overlook it!
And there you have it — you have successfully found a contractor for kitchen remodeling in South Florida! If you would like to see how CCM measures up to its own standards, don’t hesitate to call us. We perform remodeling, renovations and home additions in all of South Florida. For kitchen remodeling in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, or Boynton Beach, call us at 561-436-3679 today!